|By Bob Gourley||
|August 27, 2014 10:00 AM EDT||
Your Next Car Might be Driverless, If Google Has Their Way
Google has created a virtual version of California’s roadways where they have been testing their self-driving cars. These future cars will react how humans would expect them to, not just in ways they should:
Google has created what it calls a “Matrix-style,” virtual version of California’s road system that it’s been using to test self-driving cars before sending them out onto the actual road, according to the Guardian. Google is apparently so thrilled with its simulation that it asked California’s government earlier this year, in a letter obtained by the Guardian, whether it could use these virtual simulations in place of actual driving tests when certifying a vehicle for public road tests — and it seems that it may be able to.
Read more here on The Verge.
- Google is testing its autonomous cars in a ‘Matrix-style’ version of California (theverge.com)
- Google lobbies to test self-driving cars in Matrix-style virtual world (theguardian.com)
- Google Testing Self-Driving Cars In a Matrix-Esque World, Wants To Prove It’s Real (androidheadlines.com)
- Google’s Testing Self-Driving Cars In a Matrix-Style Simulation (gizmodo.com)
- Google has built a Matrix-like simulation of California to test its self-driving cars (extremetech.com)
- Google’s Testing Self-Driving Cars in a Matrix-Style Simulation (gizmodo.co.uk)
- Towletech v.120: Drones, Patrick Stewart, Doctor Who, Matrix California, Quantum Mechanics (towleroad.com)
- California is requiring Google’s self-driving car to have a manual option (techi.com)
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- Publishing Synergy: Blog, Twitter and Ulitzer
- Twelve New Programming Languages: Is Cloud Responsible?
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- My Personal 2010 Predictions
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict
- Ten Tips for Promoting your Employer with Personal Social Media