|By PR Newswire||
|August 30, 2014 06:00 AM EDT||
BOHEMIA, N.Y., Aug. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Weather you have hundreds of connections, a killer profile and tons of recommendations or you are someone just starting out, making the most of LinkedIn can seem kind of tricky.
There are some simple ticks you can use to help you easily use LinkedIn to its fullest potential.
1. Import your email contacts.
Chances are you're already connected with those you deal with on a regular basis making this feature is a great way to connect with those who may have overlooked or lost contact with.
2. Take advantage of groups.
Joining groups of users with similar experiences, jobs and interests is a great way to connect with new resources. Being a member of the same group also gives you the ability to bypass the need to be a first-degree connection in order to message another user.
3. Show your work samples.
LinkedIn allows you to add a variety of media such as videos, images, documents, links, and presentations enabling you to showcase different projects you've worked on.
4. Request to connect through search instead of the profile button.
When you send connection requests through the Connect button on someone's profile, you're prompted to prove that you know them personally. To skip this step, use the Connect button next to her name under the search option to immediately send the invitation.
Add keywords to various sections of your profile such as your headline or in your summary to come up more relevant for searches using those key terms.
Justin Mass, Vice President of client relations at leading online marketing firm, fishbat, comments on the steps above. "With over 300 million users, LinkedIn is one of the most powerful social networks that are often underutilized. LinkedIn is a great resource for networking, sharing industry news, gathering leads and so much more. It's important for users to understand how to utilize the platform to expand your social presence and greater increase your professional network." Mass goes on to explain the importance of utilizing LinkedIn to grow your professional connections, generate leads, promote your business and more.
fishbat is a full-service online marketing firm and social media agency dedicated to connecting all types of businesses with their target audiences in the most effective and efficient way. Through innovative strategies in social media management, search engine optimization (SEO), branding, web design, reputation management and public relations, fishbat promotes a consistent and professional online voice for all of its clients.
Media Contact: Scott Darrohn, fishbat, 855-347-4228, [email protected]
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
- Dolphin Announces Open API With Over 50 Add-ons Including Dropbox and Wikipedia
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers
- 21st century Modern Alarm systems continue to play a key role in various institutions and industries
- Publishing Synergy: Blog, Twitter and Ulitzer
- Twelve New Programming Languages: Is Cloud Responsible?
- Tips For Press Releases in Reputation Management from Industry Veteran Brandon Hopkins
- My Personal 2010 Predictions
- Ulitzer vs. Ning - a Quick Review
- Confessions of a Ulitzer Addict
- Ten Tips for Promoting your Employer with Personal Social Media